The perfect dinner party dessert. A great combination of Merrys Irish Cream Liqueur and chocolate. This is one that will surely leave your guests wanting more and asking for the recipe.
- 250ml milk.
- 125ml Merrys Irish Cream Liqueur.
- 1 vanilla pod split and scraped.
- 60g sugar.
- 14g cornstarch.
- 45g cocoa powder.
- 20ml boiling water.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 75ml of whipped cream.
- 60g dark chocolate grated.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk, Merrys Irish Cream Liqueur, vanilla pod. Turn off heat at 80˚C/176˚F.
- In a mixer, cream the sugar, cornstarch, sieved cocoa powder and add 20ml of water.
- Whisk in two egg yolk and add the warm milk mixture.
- Return to sauce pan and gently heat under low heat and stir unitl mixture is the consistency of custard.
- Pour into five glasses and chill for one hour. Finish with a spoon of whipped cream and top with olive oil and grated chocolate.