An all time classic cheesecake recipe which tastes absolutely divine. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy with friends and family. This is one to remember and bring out for those special occasions.
- 23cm/9 inch lined springform tin.
- 100gm unsalted butter.
- 250gm digestive biscuits – crushed.
- 450gm cream cheese.
- 2tbs Merrys Irish Cream Liqueur.
- 100ml icing sugar.
- 200ml double cream.
- 60gm chocolate.
- 200ml whipped cream.
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the crushed digestive biscuits and mix until all the butter is absorbed. Remove from the heat and while still warm, press the mixture into the bottom of a lined 23cm/9inch springform tin using the back of a spoon. Leave in the fridge for 1 hour. Grate the chocolate and set aside in the fridge also.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft. Beat in the icing suger and 2tsp of Merrys Irish Cream Liqueur. Fold in the whipped cream and ¾ of the chocolate. When the mixture is smooth, spread it evenly onto the biscuit base. Refrigerate and allow to set overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To serve, remove from the tin and decorate with whipped cream and the remaining chocolate.